Monday, May 7, 2012

Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

Went to my sister's for vacation, she offered to spring for a new "look", took her up on it of course. Her stylist gave me a perm then a short style that requires the hair to be straight (??), apparently she used a perm that was to strong for my hair. It was and still is fried, it is too short to cut the perm out, though it is starting to grow out a bit.



Here's where I need your help, I need to find a good conditioner that doesn't leave my hair looking like straw when it is dry. I have tried this hair placenta stuff, works great but washes out with next wash and I don't really like to think about the ingredients. I'm not working right now so it needs to be something I can buy at Walmart or the drug store...not a salon product that costs $10 an oz.



My hair is almost baby fine.



Please, I need some tried and true advice!!!!



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

Not all conditioners are equal. Some conditioners are used for detangling and making the hair feel soft. They stay on the outside of the cuticle of the hair so it is easy to comb. Doesn't matter how long you leave them on, they can only stay on the outside of the hair shaft because they aren't broken down molecule-wise to where they can absorb inside the hair. Baby oil, Mane and Tails, are not small enough for the hair to absorb. However, the oil might relax your perm for you!



You need a "conditioner" that is labeled "Reconditioner" or "Reconstructor" for extremely damaged hair. BUT even some of those will be a little different. Some have more moisture than protein, or more protein than moisture, or they have a balance of the two. Since your hair is fine, you will need some protein to keep the strength to your hair but, you need moisture also. So read labels. I can only recommend one of various salon products and that is not what you want. If you're at Walmart and you see some of the professional products there, and decide you want to spring for it, don't. They are always more expensive by $1-3 dollars a bottle than if you got it at a salon. Simple truth.



Anyway, read your label. Make sure it says Reconstructor, or Reconditioner and see if it says it will moisturize your hair while adding strength. Then you know you have a good mix of what you need. BTW slightly damp hair will absorb more of whatever you put on it than dry hair will. Wrap your hair in plastic or put one of those cute little shower caps on, and wrap a hot damp towel around your head, followed by another dry towel to hold in the heat. Wear for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water. The hair has absorbed everything it will absorb after about 20 minutes so going longer is just a waste of time. If you want to really do it up right, apply again and go another 20 minutes. Hope this helps. I'm sorry that this happened to you. Yes, I too have wanted to kill a stylist even though I am one! Good luck.



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

Whatever u get to use, u can apply it at night, on dry hair, wrap up in towel then the next morning rinse out, it will penetrate in to the hair better if u apply while it is dry, most conditioners will work, I did use pantenes restoratives shampoo and conditioner last time mine got extremely dry and it helped alot.



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

Baby oil. Apply it to your hair and let it soak in. After awhile (time depends on hair, really fried might take an hour) just shampoo and condition your hair as usual. Herbal Essence is a good type.



Good luck



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

Use Mane %26amp; Tail Conditioner. Put a quarter size amount (or smaller - go with amount that works for you) apply to towel dried hair. It stays in the hair, doesn't get rinsed out in shower. Comb through hair. Style as usual. This product will help repair damage %26amp; also helps promote hair growth. It is NOT a magic wand!! You will not have completely repaired hair in one week, and your hair will not grow 2 inches in one week either! It is a great start to replacing what was lost with the perm (shine, moisture, manageability, texture, health). Give it a try. Cost approx. $5.00 or $6.00. Can buy at Walmart. Get it in the pet aisle. The one that is sold in the shampoo/conditioner aisle was reformulated for humans %26amp; is not the same. The original was formulated for horses. Sounds strange, I know, but I have used it for years on my hair. I have high lift blonde highlights. This product keeps my hair pretty healthy in spite of the abuse I inflict on it.



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

Get some conditioner from walmart -any kind- put it on you DRY hair at night before going to bed - wrap a towel around it - leave it in all night - when you get up in the morning Wash you hair - it will be real soft - do this 1 or 2 times a week until it doest feel dry all the time - takes about a month - but hay its cheap and it does work



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

yeh, sometimes my hair stylist gives me the wrong alful look.



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

You should get some Infusium Leave In Conditioner and put it in a spray bottle and spray it on your hair. I know you said that you don't want a salon conditioner but you should think about Sebastian 2 + 1 conditioner. It is 2 parts moisture and 1 part protein. If that is too expensive find any conditioner that has protein in it. BTW I wouldn't skimp on hair care products especially since you said your hair is FRIED.



Did you ever want to kill a hairstylist? I need help!?

Yes, I have wanted to kill a hair dresser. MANY times. My hair is ruined because of hair stylists. I'm to traumatized to step foot in a salon ever again.



Try the Infusium spray in conditoner and hot oil treatments. Hair stylists always seem to mess up hair that is fine and straight. That is the kind of hair I have also. Well, your not alone with your hair troubles. I hope something helps. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment