Monday, May 7, 2012

Can I use leave-in conditioner as a hairstyler?

I have Pantene Smooth %26amp; Silky Leave-in conditioner. Can I use it



1. before straightening my hair with a flat iron? (or should I buy a separate heat protection spray?)



2. and before styling it into place?



Actually, how does one go about applying leave-in conditioner. The instructions on the bottle are a bit imprecise. When hair is wet?



Does usage of conditioner lead to build-up? If not with the conditioner, how else could I go about normal everyday styling of the hair. I have short hair with blunt fringes that is somewhat dry and frizzy so I need to keep it in place.



Thanks y'all!



Can I use leave-in conditioner as a hairstyler?

When you get out of the shower, lightly dry your hair with a towel (pat it, don't rub it). You don't want to apply the conditioner when your hair is dripping wet. Once it's no longer dripping, take some of the conditioner %26amp; rub it between your hands %26amp; then smooth it on %26amp; through your hair. Take a wide tooth comb %26amp; gently comb it to dispurse it (%26amp; to get out any tangles). After you do this, use some type of a heat/thermal protectant. Depending on the product you choose, it may be a spray or a creame. I'm not sure about the Pantene leave-in's, but, some leave-ins actually contain a heat protectant as well (it'll say on the tube/bottle if it does). After this, just use the flat iron. You shouldn't end up getting build-up, but, what I do, to be safe, is once a week wash my hair with either a clairifying shampoo or do an ACV rinse.



Can I use leave-in conditioner as a hairstyler?

u should use a leave in conditioner and a heat protectant before you flat iron it. yes, you apply leave in conditioner when your hair is wet. it does not build up if you wash your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment