Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm 57yrs people think I'm 40).I wear waist-length hair,braided,& wrapped around my he

I'm willing to cut my hair (not too short, please). I had a body wave once and it came out great, but I don't know what's fashionable now. I'm brunette (chemically helped-been grey since 23yrs.)with very straight hair.I guess I need something age appropriate..also am willing to go lighter in hair color since I've heard a lighter color won't show the roots so quickly. I am styling, beauty challenged...big time. My mother taught me nothing except...no jewelry, no makeup, etc. etc.!!!



I'm 57yrs people think I'm 40).I wear waist-length hair,braided,%26amp; wrapped around my head.Need change.Anyone??

I have to be honest here...very few people look good with hair that long. Ands what's the point if you are always wearing it braided and up?



I would cut it just under the shoulder in longs layers. But please go to a GOOD salon. Make sure the stylist shows you how to style it, and let them know how much product you are willing to use and how much time you are willing to spend before they start.



Color-wise, women with a lot of gray usually opt for highlights so that it masks their gray a bit. It blurs the grow-out line. If you are wanting one all-over color that is lighter, this will be difficult to achieve because you have been coloring your hair...color doesn't lift color, so they would probably have to do a couple of processes to get your hair lighter.



Wish you lived in my area so I could help you out! What state are you in?



I'm 57yrs people think I'm 40).I wear waist-length hair,braided,%26amp; wrapped around my head.Need change.Anyone??

If we can see a picture of your current hair %26amp; face shape, it'd help with the suggestions a lot!



Despite short hair being fashionable for older %26amp; empowered women, I think long hair is extremely elegant.



Colour wise, you might be able to pull off a light chestnut, but it depends on your make up (and if there's a lack of make-up, then at least your skin tone and eye colour) and your clothing. In my opinion, the only time an older lady can pull off blonde hair is when it's a bob.



One of my friend's moms is in her 50's and she has a bob cut (length is between her chin and shoulders) and a straight, blunt fringe that sits just above her eyebrows. Any grey or white that shows through just looks like they're amazing shimmery highlights.



One of my grandmother's friends has waist length hair... hers is kept naturally grey, but looks beautiful in a bun.



I'll come back to this question to see if there's a picture.. I might be able to offer better advice than this!



I'm 57yrs people think I'm 40).I wear waist-length hair,braided,%26amp; wrapped around my head.Need change.Anyone??

Cut it - go see a hairdresser for a new look, look in magazines for something different (always a good source), have a friend who has a cute cut, copy hers (although not totally, don't want to be too "single white-female"). It's only hair and can grow back if you don't like it. It will take some working around, but there are plenty more things to worry about than hair. I can relate. I'm 38, have 12 more years of long hair, then I'm cutting it off - again!



I'm 57yrs people think I'm 40).I wear waist-length hair,braided,%26amp; wrapped around my head.Need change.Anyone??

You're right, really long hair is not it fashion! Not to worry, from what you say you have great hair- it straight and it grows! If you dare, cut it in a diagonal bob- where it's short in the back, and get longer around your chin. sort of like Victoria Beckham in this photo- but you can have it longer if you want: http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-conten...



It's appropriate at any age and it's very chic right now.



If you're scared, just cut it straight - make it shoulder length with a side part- it looks classy but as you say- age appropriate. DO NOT GET A BOY CUT- it makes women look older. But be brave- if your hair is shoulder length it means it grows, so if you cut it short it will grow back. EXPERIMENT, baby!



I'm 57yrs people think I'm 40).I wear waist-length hair,braided,%26amp; wrapped around my head.Need change.Anyone??

If your hair is straight what you can try is bangs. They are really in now and they're easy to manage, you can wear them to the side, pin them up, let them loose. Also, if you don't want to cut your hair too short you can try layers. Layers look good with both thick and thin hair. That's it if you're trying to keep age appropriate, but if you want to try something more you can also get highlights. They don't have to be a completely different color just a little lighter than the color you have now. It will look very natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment